Software – it’s a world of it’s own and can be hard to pick which company will best fit your needs. We’re here to help. With 10+ years in this business, we’ve heard from new business owners, franchisees, seasoned business owners looking for a change and many others on the struggle of choosing a software to run their business.
We’ve gathered a few of the common themes that we have heard from folks just like you in an effort to help you think through this decision. No matter what software you choose, switching to another software is not ideal. Get your software set up, your staff trained, and your business organized with the best software solution – the first time.
1. Help when you need it.You’re working one evening, how do you get help? You’re busy and need help when it fits in with your schedule. Picture yourself processing electronic payments for the first time – you want to know somebody is there to help, right? This is a big deal and you want to do it right the first time. Are you able to get help quickly? Research each company to see what their support hours are and what their response time is to make sure you get help when you need it.
Jackrabbit’s customer support is amazing because no matter what we need or when we need it, they are there to answer our questions and help us to understand how to do things in the best way for our studio using step-by-step explanations. We even had a Jumpstart Coach to help us get set up! Great customer service is so rare that experiencing Jackrabbit’s way of serving customer is quite refreshing. Everyone is willing to go the extra mile to make customers happy!”
–—Sarita Zúñiga |Sarita’s Dance Studio
2. Give your parents the answers they want. How many phone calls, emails, and texts do you get everyday from parents asking what they owe? What if you could eliminate this? How much time could you save? Next time you get a question like this, what if you could just remind them that this information is accessible to them 24/7 through their Parent Portal? They can see exactly what they have paid, what they have left to pay, update their account information and so much more.
“Jackrabbit has made us a better business in so many areas. We operate more efficiently and provide faster, better service to our families. We are able to give our customers the online processes they expect from people they do business with and that often differentiate us from competitors.” -Michele Edwards, Studio 73 Dance
3. Know where your money is. You can collect payments with the click of a button, but how do you link your income to your expenses? Having a system integrated with Quickbooks so you don’t have to manually enter any information will save you time and money.
4. Trust who you do business with. Just like your parents want to know who you are, you want to know the company you’re working with. This company, after all, is managing your sensitive information. You’re not just paying the software company every month, you are putting your trust in the company. This is a big decision.
“The difference in Jackrabbit is that it is always evolving. There is always something new, something that’s better. Every request of customer support is handled quickly and professionally. It is obvious that they appreciate their customers and consider our input to be important.” -Amanda Kelly Lindberg, Academy of Dance and Music
5. Get training when you need it. How do you find time to learn how to use a software or run your business more efficiently? When you’re picking a software company, research what options they offer for training. Is online training through videos and manuals enough for you? Or do you like interactive, in-person training so you can find out more about features and tricks you may not be using?
“As the new dance studio owner I greatly appreciated the hands on user experience with the training team at Jackrabbit. The experience with working alongside the team at Jackrabbit delivered a positive and productive training not only to learn shortcuts in the software but I was able to meet other studio owners and have very open discussions on issues taking place in today’s marketplace and make long-term friends. I look forward to future training classes.” -Teresa Sandman, Charlotte Dance Alliance
6. Save on credit card fees. Stripe and PayPal charge very high credit card processing fees. Make sure you go with a credit card processor who already does business with thousands of dance studios. A company who specializes in providing credit card processing to dance studios will provide you with lower rates, saving you hundreds and maybe even thousands a month.
“Jackrabbit is truly a time-saver and a liberator. Not only did we save money with Jackrabbit’s processor but credit card processing alone has saved at least 6 hours per monthly cycle since previously we were punching in individual numbers. And because Jackrabbit handles processing automatically, we don’t have to have our lives revolve around the first of the month.” -Chasta Hamilton Calhoun, Stage Door Dance