Words are powerful. So it’s no surprise that inspiring your dancers through appropriate language is one of the best gifts you will ever give them.
If you’re looking for words to ignite that spark in your dancers this season, we’ve compiled our top 15 inspirational dance quotes that are sure to have your students werking it from day one.
The following quotes include favorites from our very own Jackrabbit Dance family. They are sure to impact not only the lives of dancers in your studio, but go on to inspire them at home, school and well into the future.
Using inspirational phrases to motivate and uplift your students will give them the confidence they need to kick off the season on the right foot.
Inspirational dance quotes to use at your dance studio
- It takes an athlete to dance, but an artist to be a dancer. – Shanna LeFleur
- There are shortcuts to happiness and dancing is one of them.
- Don’t let people discourage you. Just fluff out your tutu and dance away.
- Dance is the hidden language of the soul. – Martha Graham
- Take more chances, dance more dances.
- Get up off of that thing. Dance and you’ll feel better. – James Brown
- If you stumble, make it part of the dance.
- When you dance, your purpose is not to get to a certain place on the floor. It’s to enjoy each step along the way. – Wayne Dyer
- One who expresses one’s self through dance is a dancer. One who expresses one’s self through a dancer is a dance teacher.
- Dance is a language beyond words, expressing that for which we have no words. – Jennifer De Leon
- Nobody cares if you can’t dance well. Just get up and dance. Great dancers are great because of their passion. – Martha Graham
- To watch us dance is to hear our heart speak.
- I do not try to dance better than anyone else. I only try to dance better than myself.
- Every day brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance. – Oprah Winfrey
- Dancing is surely the most basic of relevant of all forms of expression. Nothing else can so effectively give outward form to an inner experience. – Lyall Watson