Have you been wanting to make a Facebook page for your business but haven’t been quite sure how? It is quick and easy to get started.
Here are 5 simple steps to follow to start building your brand on Facebook:
1. Log in to your Facebook account. Enter the search term “Pages” into the search field at the top of the screen. Select the first result, “Facebook Pages.”
2. Click the gray “Create Page” icon in the top-right corner of the screen
3. Select the appropriate type for your page using the large square icons on the screen. Page types include “Local Business or Place,” “Brand or Product” and “Artist, Band or Public Figure.” [You will probably want to choose Local Business or Place]
4. Select a category for your group from the “Category” drop-down menu. If you are making a page for a specific business, Facebook requires you to provide a complete physical address. Enter a name in the appropriate field and click “Get Started” to create the page.
5. Follow the on-screen prompts provided by Facebook on your page’s front screen to upload a photo, invite your Facebook friends and make a “Like” box for users to connect to the page.